Explore Portland with Delta this summer
- 01 June 2017
New service from London Heathrow to Portland has began.
Virgin Atlantic are pleased to announce that their Joint Venture partner Delta Air Lines® has launched a new nonstop route from London Heathrow to Portland in the beautiful state of Oregon on Friday 26 May. This new route opens up a unique destination on the West Coast of the US for customers this summer.
To give a flavor of what you're customers could enjoy in Portland this summer, here are Virgin Atlantic's top 5 things not to miss:
1. Foodie heaven: Portland’s street-food scene is one of the largest and liveliest in North America with more than 500 food carts available at any given time offering cuisine from across the globe. Head to Adler Street, Pioneer Courthouse Square and SW Stark Street, or for an insider’s guide, book a tour.
2. Stop for a brew: At over 75, Portland has more independent micro-breweries than anywhere in the world – earning the city its nickname, “Beervana” - so there’s plenty to sample. Meanwhile, the rolling hills of the nearby Willamette Valley are home to more than 500 wineries and most famous for producing Pinot Noir.
3. Explore the great outdoors: Forest Park – the largest wilderness park in the U.S. – is within city limits, stretching for more than seven miles down the west side of the Willamette River. As well as hikes and bike trails, there is a calendar of events throughout the year. Mount Hood, meanwhile, is a mere 90 minutes east of Portland and offers a wide range of recreational activities.
4. Retail therapy: Washington Square is Oregon’s largest retail outlet, where shops from Macys to H&M are even more enjoyable (and affordable) thanks to Oregon’s tax-free shopping.
5. Head to the coast: There’s plenty to discover along Oregon’s Pacific coastline from picturesque seaside towns to a surfer’s paradise. Visit Astoria or Depoe Bay and see whales on their annual migrations.
Virgin Atlantic's partner Delta will be the only airline to fly nonstop between the U.K. and Portland and the service will operate four times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays throughout the summer season.