New Summer Flying Programme
- 19 November 2019
▪ Virgin Atlantic will introduce a second daily service between Heathrow and Delhi, offering 108,000 additional seats for summer 2020
▪ Coupled with its new service to Mumbai, Virgin Atlantic will offer three daily flights to India
▪ There will be a new weekly flight to San Francisco, boosting the service to twice daily
▪ Johannesburg, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Lagos will debut the airline’s brand new A350, featuring a redesigned upper class cabin and unique new social space
Virgin Atlantic has announced a new flying programme for summer 2020 including a new second daily service to Delhi, a new weekly flight to San Francisco and the next routes to debut its brand new A350 aircraft.
The new flights to Delhi will commence on 29th March 2020 and will go on sale on Saturday 23rd November. It will depart Heathrow in the morning, complementing the airline’s current evening departure. Together with Delta Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic will offer seamless connections between Delhi and New York JFK, Boston, Detroit and Atlanta via Heathrow.
The airline will also be re-timing its Mumbai flight to an evening departure from Heathrow, offering a more convenient choice for business customers. With the additional daily flight to Delhi and the newly launched Mumbai service, Virgin Atlantic will offer more choice to India than ever before.
Virgin Atlantic will be adding a new weekly service to San Francisco, departing on a Friday. The airline will fly twice daily between Heathrow and the Golden Gate City, offering more options for both business and leisure travellers looking to enjoy an extended weekend to the West Coast. The airline will fly its brand new A350 on this route from May 2020 and, coupled with the new weekly flight, will boost capacity by 40,000 seats for the summer season.
By August, Virgin Atlantic’s A350 aircraft will fly to five destinations across its network and all its flights to Africa will be on the new aircraft. The next routes to debut the aircraft from Summer 2020 are:
• Johannesburg will debut the A350 with a daily service from March 2020.
• From April 2020, the A350 will fly daily to Los Angeles
• There will be a daily A350 service to San Francisco from May 2020
• There will be a daily A350 service to Lagos from August 2020
Juha Jarvinen, EVP Commercial at Virgin Atlantic, said:
“As we work to achieve our ambition to become the most loved travel company, we’re pleased to announce extra flights to some of our most popular destinations. Next year will mark twenty years since Virgin Atlantic started flying to Delhi, and the service continues to grow in popularity for both business and leisure travel. The second daily service from Heathrow is an excellent opportunity to meet customer demand on this route and, coupled with our new service to Mumbai, we’re able to offer even more choice and unrivalled Virgin Atlantic service to customers travelling between the UK and India.
“We’re delighted to announce our flying programme for our brand new A350 aircraft, starting from next summer. We’re confident our customers will love to fly on this new aircraft and will enjoy the onboard experience of our newly redesigned cabins.”
Virgin Atlantic’s A350 aircraft took to the skies in September with an inaugural flight to New York. With a totally redesigned Upper Class cabin complete with Loft area as well as tailcam and new in-seat ordering feature, this new aircraft is revolutionising travel. Virgin Atlantic has ordered a total of 12 A350-1000 aircraft, with them all scheduled to join the fleet by 2021.