Important notifcation from Virgin Atlantic
- 13 December 2017
"We need to let you know about some changes we’re making to our Upper Class ground transportation offering.
From 24 January 2018 we’ll be making the following changes:
- We will no longer offer complimentary ground transportation, including chauffeur cars, as part of an I class ticket. This includes Heathrow Express, Limo Bike and all other options, including those in our overseas markets.
- Customers booked in I class who would like a chauffeur car transfer will instead have the option of booking one at a preferential Virgin Atlantic rate from our partner Addison Lee.
- We are also extending the ability to add on a chauffeur car, at the Virgin Atlantic preferential rate, to Z class bookings globally.
Our chauffeur car service remains complimentary for customers booked in J, C and D class.
All customers that are travelling in Upper Class and Delta One arriving at Heathrow, whether by Virgin Atlantic chauffeur car or by private car or taxi, will still have full access to our exclusive Upper Class Wing drive-thru experience, private security wing, Revivals lounge and to our award-winning Clubhouses around the world.
Please see below for some FAQ:
- What’s happening and when does this apply from?
- Customers booking an I class ticket on or before Tuesday 23 January 2018 will still have the option of a complimentary chauffeur car.
- Any I class bookings made on or after Wednesday 24 January will have the option to pay separately for a chauffeur car.
- For the first time, customers booked in Z class will also be able to book a chauffeur car transfer globally (previously this was only offered in the UK, or they could arrive by private car, taxi or public transport only).
- There’ll be no change for customers booked in J, C and D class.
- How will it work?
- TMCs and agents will be able to book a chauffeur car through virginatlantic.com, or via their GDS if it’s integrated with GroundSpan.
- How does this benefit our customers?
- By booking a chauffeur transfer through our online booking tool, Upper Class passengers arriving at London Heathrow will be pre-registered with the Upper Class Wing to enjoy the fantastic experience that it offers.
- How much will a transfer cost?
- All prices will be calculated on a postcode-to-postcode basis, and offered at Virgin Atlantic’s preferential rate.
- What other ways can Upper Class passengers arrive at the Upper Class Wing?
We encourage all customers travelling in Upper Class and Delta One arriving at LHR by private car or taxi to use the Upper Class Wing drive-thru experience. Passengers are advised to check in online or through the App where possible for a smooth transition from car to Clubhouse. (Customers travelling in Delta One are ineligible for Virgin Atlantic ground transportation)."