Safe and sound in the skies - an update from Virgin Atlantic
- 22 May 2020
- Virgin Atlantic
We wanted to check in with you and show you what we've been up to during this difficult time. Your customers' health and safety when they fly with us remains our number one priority - as it always has bee. As we're all learning, the world is changing in response to Covid-19, and as we move towards the future, we're also making changes to give you more peace of mind when they take to the skies with us again.
Changing for the future
- Enhanced cleaning practices to match - and often exceed - the health and safety guidance from leading health and aviation authorities such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), as well as others
- Our teams thoroughly clean and disinfect all our cabins before and after every departure. This includes seat surrounds, armrests, cabin walls and ceilings, bathrooms and overhead lockers.
- Perform deep cleans every 2-3 weeks in addition to our improved cleaning measures, including electrostatic disinfection (called fogging) in all areas of our aircraft
- Audit our planes to double check improved cleaning measures are all being carried out on a regular basis with our partners and airport staff
- Introduced isolation areas on all flights for any customers or crew who may present with symptoms during a flight
- Proactive health screening before boarding, and customer seating reallocated to create as much space as possible at check in
- All crew will be wearing face masks when in close contact with our customers
We want to be as transparent as we can, so you can trust you'll be in good (and clean) hands when your customers fly wit us. As you can see, we're scrubbing up well to welcome you and your customers on board again soon.