The all-new A350 experience
- 10 April 2019
The first of Virgin Atlantic’s brand-new Airbus A350 aircraft, Red Velvet, is going to be taking to the skies soon for its inaugural flight from London Heathrow to New York JFK. The launch event took place at Virgin Atlantic Headquarters on Monday 8 April 2019 and our Sales Manager, Rachel, attended the event.
Virgin Atlantic’s all-new A350. Designed with love, built for the future.
Below is everything you need to know about the Virgin Atlantic A350 aircraft.
With Virgin Atlantic the journey is as important as the destination. Which is why their new aircraft is super comfortable and stylish. Every cabin has been designed with passengers in mind. From bespoke fabrics to extra storage, high speed Wi-Fi, to the latest entertainment system.
In Upper Class, there is a stunning new suite. With enhanced privacy, a smooth conversion from seat to bed, more room to work, adjustable mood lighting and more. It’s a beautiful retreat at 30,000 feet. Plus, there is even more space in The Loft – the exclusive lounge in the sky for Upper Class customers – perfect to gather, chat or even have a meeting.
- The Loft is the largest social space across any of Virgin Atlantic’s fleet.
- The space features 32-inch touchscreen monitor and eight Bluetooth audio jacks to enable customers to view content together. The first time Bluetooth has been offered in a social space.
- Space for eight customers – twice the capacity of the existing social spaces onboard
- All the chairs in The Loft feature seat belts, a new feature for Virgin Atlantic, which enables customers to continue to occupy The Loft even during turbulence
- The Loft was designed collaboratively by Virgin Atlantic and London based Factory Design and is manufactured by AIM Altitude in Bournemouth.
The A350 Upper Class suite – Experience the evolution
Every seat faces towards the window and boasts enhanced privacy, plenty of space and storage, adjustable mood lighting, an 18.5-inch screen – all with Virgin Atlantic style.
- Exclusively designed for Virgin Atlantic in collaboration with the airlines in house design team
- Each aircraft offers 44 Upper Class suites in a 1-2-1 configuration
- The stylish suite features Claret leather with intricate, signature Virgin red stitching
- Customers can relax into a 44-inch seat pitch or recline into a fully flat bed
- Each suite features a cocktail table, shelving and a larger tray table to store personal items
- Greater levels of privacy with higher walls with deployable privacy screens
A350 Premium – Luxe leather seats and Premium perks
Rich, custom leather seats and a lot more storage for all belongings. A generous 13.3 inch screen, a pressed black wool cocktail tray and meal table.
- Four-way adjustable leather headrest
- 56 seats offering a generous 7 inch recline
- Full size bi-fold table
- More storage – side amenity pocket, upper and lower seatback stowage
- USB pports
- 18.5 icnh seat width
- The biggest ever screen in Premium
- Intuitive entertainment system
A350 Economy – Bespoke design for ultimate comfort
Newest Economy seats are designed with bespoke woven fabrics inspired by fashion houses. Six-way adjustable headrests ensure comfort and the 11.6-inch seatback screens.
- 235 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration
- Featuring new upgraded seats in luxury leather fabrics and high-quality wool blend
- Intuitive entertainment system
- USB ports in every seat
- Up to 17.4 inch seat width
- 31 inch Classic and Light seat pitch
- 34 inch Economy Delight seat pitch
Four of Virgin Atlantic’s A350 aircraft will arrive this Summer, a further 8 A350 aircraft will be delivered between now and 2021. The first four aircraft names are as follows:
- Red Velvet
- Mamma Mia
- Rain Bow
- Cool Runner
Aircraft will fly from both London Heathrow and London Gatwick. Initially the aircraft will fly between London Heathrow and New York JFK and Atlanta.
Additional benefits of the Airbus A350-1000 include: larger panoramic windows, spacious design thanks to illuminated dome ceiling design, cleaner air with an advanced filtration system, calmer cabin with quieter engines and air conditioning, improved cabin atmosphere with lower cabin altitude and improved storage with larger overhead bins.